Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Candy Cane Blossom Cookies

OK! What happened????
It's December..... when DID, that happen??
I still have plenty of fall posts left to be published!!!
My kids have been sick off and on since Halloween.
So, November just slipped threw my fingers.  :(

Oh well..... move-en on.
Trees up and cookies are baking.

























Hershey sugar cookie blossom.
F.E.S.T.I.V.E.   and   E.A.S.Y.


















Start by unwrapping the candy cane kisses and pre-heating
your oven to 350 degrees.

Beat 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1-1/2 teaspoon
of vanilla together in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl combine 2 cups all purpose flour,
1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda until well mixed.

Add this mixture along with 2 tablespoons of milk alternately to
the butter mixture.


















Roll a piece of dough into a 1 inch size ball and coat in sugar.

Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.


















I love the crunchy crust the bigger sugar crystals give.

























Let the cookies cool for 2 to 3 minutes and
then place a kiss in the center. The kisses melt
but, retain their shape. Once completely cool the
kissed harden back up again...... good as new. ;)

























So, so festive.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a side note....
My parents are moving closer to us. Yeah!
Their new house is not quite ready yet.
So, that mens starting Monday we are having
house guests for about 3 weeks..... during the
HOLIDAYS!!!!
I don't know how much attention this little blog
of mine will be receiving. So, if you are a reader
stay tunes I haven't abandoned ship!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. for real, these cookies look so delightful I had to pin them!

    ReplyDelete