Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cookies

Cookies.... yum
I found this recipe for fruity rice cereal cookies.
It was on the side of the box of cereal I used to make those
fruity rice cereal marshmallow treats from a few posts ago.
I thought they would make a nice end of summer cookie.

















One last goodbye to all those lovely colors of summer...........

The recipe is from is from a box of Confruity Crisp Sunny Select
cereal.

Kaleidoscope Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups Sunny Select Confruity Crisp brand cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Lightly grease cookie sheet.
Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat until creamy.
Combine flour and baking powder.
Add to butter mixture; mix well.
Stir in cereal.
Drop by level tablespoon, 2 inches apart,
onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool.
Makes 3 dozen

















They were very pretty....... but needed a little something extra.

















So, I glazed them.
I just used some milk and powdered sugar.
I don't really have a recipe for the glaze.
I just mix the ingredients together until they are a consistence
that will stick to the cookie and not run too much. Sort of like a
runny yogurt. After glazing I sprinkled some dried cereal on
top of the wet glaze.

















I think they were much prettier and if I'm being honest taster too.

Well fair well summer colors and flavors.
Hello spicy fall tones and pumpkin recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment