Friday, July 8, 2011

POPSICLE O'the Week #3

Watermelon........ Yum. Nothing says SUMMER like watermelon.
Left over watermelon from the 4th, plus the abundance
of my mint inspired this recipe. When I say my mint I mean
my friends...... mine is completely infested with caterpillars. sucks..



















Recipe made 10 pops, filling a six inch cup about 2/3 full.

10 cups of watermelon processed in the food processor.
then pushed threw a fine metal strainer with a spatula.

The watermelon was so sweet I didn't want to add a lot of sugar.
Needing something to help extract all that flavorful mint oil I made
a "lite" simple syrup.

1/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of water
1 cup of mint leaves
Bring to boil. As the mint boils bruise and crush the mint leaves with
a wooden spoon.

















Look at that color and the smell....... amazing, if you like mint.
The bonus of making these pops was my house smelled
like mint all day.

Once the mint extract cooled I pureed the extract and about
five of the mint leaves together. Then mixed that with the watermelon.

















I could have drank this.............
All in all I think this has been my fav out of the three
popsicle recipes, so far........ next up is chocolate..... ;)

























Summer, watermelon, popsicles life is good.........

Kerstie

1 comment:

  1. Yummy popcicles!!! We love watermelon smoothies...just watermelon and ice and whirrr it up! Been thinking about you, come see us at the Room!
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete