Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Divine Twine Spring Tree

Spring is just around the corner... can ya feel it!
I love taking drives and seeing all spring time blooms.

























I just had to bring some of it indoors.

























Pretty close, it gets even better. It lights up!

























Chases those dull day and early evening away.

I found this LED lighted floral form at Michaels.
I just new it had to become a tree.

























It's pretty boring straight out of the box.

























Nothing a little bit of Brown Sugar Divine Twine
couldn't fix up. Prefect for replicating tree bark.

With the help of some double sided tape I began
at the base of the tree wrapping the twine towards the top.


















When I came to the crotch of a branch I would secure the twine
with more tape. Cut the twine and begin again.

























When the tree was covered I added some
flowers to the tips of the branches.

























These millinery forget me not flowers can
be found on Etsy.

























Pull the bunches of flowers apart. Remove the
center and with a sharp pair of scissors cut the
center a little larger. Slip over the lights securing
with tacky glue.


























After all the lights had flowers I went
around the tree adding buds here and there.

I placed my tree in a vintage milk glass urn.
I placed a piece of foam in the urn, covered it
up with moss. Poked the tree in and added
a little mushroom. Placed this arrangement in my
dinning room and spring had sprung.

Love that this lights up.

An over view.


Lights on.....

lights off.

Materials
LED Lighted Branches
Brown Sugar Divine Twine
Millinery Forget Me Not Flowers
Double Stick Tape
White Craft Glue
Container Or Vase
Moss
Foam



This project was so much fun.
I love working with the twine. AND I
like the fact that the tree looks good on
or off.








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful DIY light project! It's just gorgeous, hopefully I can find the time to do this sometime! Have a wonderful thursday Kerstie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this via Whisper Graphics. Love the lights! And I also love that you used the words "crotch of a branch". I'll never look at a tree the same way again!

    ReplyDelete