Friday, June 1, 2012

DIY Bathroom Remodel Part 2 ...and The Style Board

Happy Friday!
This weekend is all about the bathroom remodel.
In my last post I don't think I mentioned that
our hall bathroom is our ONLY bathroom.
Well, it is....! My parents live close by so we
are showering there. A toilet was still a must.
It would also be really great to have a half-bath
in a house with four people. So, we decided
this useless (to small) linen closet would make
a great half-bath.


























The back wall of the linen closet is also the
side wall of my sons closet. His closet is kinda
big (wide) for his room. Don't get me wrong
it has held a LOT of storage. Although,when
you are talking about adding a most needed
half-bath... toys can find another home.  ;)

















































That wall behind the dresser was more or less
wasted space. Now it will be our new half-bath!
As you can tell I "staged" the top of the dresser.
Ha..... ;)

























Here is the demolition crew busting threw the wall.
D-U-S-T-Y

























Closet gone.

























Toilet in, sheetrock up, the birth of a most
needed half-bath.

I pulled together a little concept board of finishes
and colors.

























My hubby has a 1948 Ford truck.
Over the years we have collected vintage
advertisements form when the truck was new.
I plan on framing as few of the adds to use as art
work in the half-bath. aka "the boy's bathroom"
So, those vintage adds we have been hoarding
for 15 or so years, have provided me with the
concept for the bath as well as some pretty neat art work.
Cool.

Well back to the construction site for me, or maybe
to my mom's for a shower.
Ohhhhhhh shower how I miss the... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment