Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DIY Table Cloth Weights

Don't ya just hate it when you are trying to enjoy yourself at a
picnic and the wind comes by and whips up your table cloth?!
Drives me nuts! So, I try to have some festive table cloth
weights stashed away for windy out door eating occasions.   ;)


















With this awesome collection of patriotic Divine Twine and
some drapery rings and festive 4th of July doodads I made a
set of table cloth weights.



















I started by painting the drapery rings. When they were dry
I embellished the rings with some bakers twine, securing
the twine with glue.

























Once the twine was set I added a few little
flags and glittered stars to the rings with hot glue.

This was a fun and quick craft. There is still plenty
of time to make a set of your own.

























The drapery rings have just enough weight
to keep the edges of the table cloth down and
the clips hold well too.


















Happy summer!



















Supplies:

Drapery rings
Paint and paint brush
Whisker Graphics Divine Twine
Hot glue and glue gun
Scissors
Flags and glitter stars

Come check out all the fun at..........
Be Different Act Normal








1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I think I found my weekend project...

    ReplyDelete