Saturday, October 29, 2011

Witch's Hat

Have you finished you costume yet???
I don't dress up for Halloween but, I have kids now.
My 3 year old asked me what I was going to be.
Oh,... um... ??? here we go........

























So, I made a Witch's hat.

I started out with a chipboard hat and painted
it black. Then added some sparkly ribbon.

























I added a few trim pieces then placed my helpers.


















This guy needed a little gentle persuasion....

















His wings are sniped off bits of Christmas floral picks.
Hot glued to his back.

















My dear little crow was jealous. So, she required a bit of glitter.


















Once my little cast of characters were hot glued into place it was
time for a topper. AND some lighting, of course!

Tip, place the lights with pins before cutting holes.
I used a sharp craft knife like a drill to make my holes.

















Yes, It will look like a mess of spaghetti...

















I added pieces of hook and loop tape to secure the battery
pack into the hat.

















For the chin strap I added long pieces of ribbon.
They can be tied under the chin to secure the hat.
Tip, do NOT tie the ribbon in a knot.


















Tying a knot would make too large of a hole.
I used pliers to help pull the needle threw.
Once the ribbon was threw I tied the end in a knot and hid it
under the trim that goes along the base of the hat.










































A few detail shots..

















Love-en the lights....
I used LED lights, the don't get so hot.


















The topper was placed by snipping the tip off the hat, pushing
one of the points into the hole. Securing with more hot glue
of course.

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH OUT HOT GLUE?????










































































Thanks to my dear little neighbor
Witch for modeling for me!!

























Trick-or-Treat!

2 comments: